Movies I've Cried During

WALL-Eposter.jpgAlright! After my last post, I realized that I've cried during quite a few movies. So here they are! This is, by far, the most depressing post I've ever had to write. Also, spoilers. Lots of spoilers.

WALL-E
So, I cried during WALL-E. The scene was when EVE basically reboots WALL-E to save his life. But he wakes up, and is completely devoid of personality. I loved WALL-E, and the fact that he was dead really upsets me.


All of the toys packed close together, holding up a large numeral '3', with Buzz, who is putting a friendly arm around Woody's shoulder, and Woody holding the top of the 3.
Toy Story 3
Okay, you know that point where all the toys face their imminent destruction and decide to hold hands to embrace their fate together? That really made me sad. And the scene where Andy lets Bonnie have his kids hit me hard as well.


L to R: Fear, Anger, Joy, Sadness and Disgust


Inside Out
Who's your friend who likes to play? Bing Bong, Bing, Bong! Who's rocket makes you shout hooray! Bing Bong, Bing Bong! I'm talking about Bing Bong.
Bing Bong's death was so unexpected... I wasn't expecting it at all. And that's where it got me. And even sadder? He didn't die. He was forgotten. He deeply cared about Riley, and she forgot him. And that sucks.
A dark haired boy, holding a helmet by his side, his friends and a black dragon behind him: Dragons are flying overhead.



How To Train Your Dragon 2
Yet again, an unexpected character death. I wasn't expecting Stoick to die. But what really made me cry was when Toothless tried to also mourn, and Hiccup shoved him away. That made me sad.
Avengers Infinity War poster.jpg







Infinity War
I walked into Infinity War without knowing anything. I had a basic plot outline, but the ending was impossible to tell right up to the last second. Oh, Vision's dead, can't get all the stones, oh, he brought back Vision, and has all the stones, oh good, Thor's here, and he killed him, oh SNAP HE JUST SNAPPED HOLY- and yeah, that was basically the moviegoing experience. I had no idea that would happen. I was so excited. And then, I saw Bucky die. And Black Panther. and Groot. And then, I saw Spider-Man. Spider-Man's death broke me, me and all of the Internet. Out of all the people I expected to definitely NOT die, it was Spider-Man. And I really love the Tom Holland version. It was just hard to watch.
Avengers Endgame poster.jpgI also cried when Wanda had to kill Vision. Or when Loki died.



Avengers: Endgame
So, I cried when Iron Man died. Like everyone did. And then I was sobbing by the time it got to the funeral.



Dark Knight.jpg

the Dark Knight
So, Jim Gordon is one of the best DC characters. And in the Dark Knight, he's played by Gary Oldman, who everyone loves. And in the climax of the Dark Knight, Two-Face kidnaps Jim Gordon's son and is about to show Jim what it feels like to talk to the person you love most when you know that they're about to die. And then he shoots Batman. And Jim apologizes and accepts the blame for Rachel's death. It killed me.

A young man and a tiger in a boat at sea


Life of Pi
In Life of Pi, Pi Patel is stuck on a boat with a Bengal tiger named Richard Parker. The dude's been through a lot of crap, his family dies, the tiger keeps trying to eat him, and this is the scene where he breaks down and starts yelling at God for all the things he's gone through. This scene really connects because of the important journey Pi went through to get closer to God. And now he's gone mad and he honestly doesn't deserve this stuff. And the score is incredible.


the Lion King
In an African savannah, several animals stare at a lion atop a tall rock. A lion's head can be seen in the clouds above. Atop the image is the text "Walt Disney Pictures presents The Lion King".
Okay, so a parent basically always dies in a Disney film, but Mufassa's death was especially hard to watch, because while other Disney parents get no backstory or character, Mufassa was well developed, and it was already proven and said he would do anything for his son. And Simba loves Mufassa as well. So when Mufassa dies, man, tears are shed.

They stabbed with the knife and then twisted it. I mean, it is super messed up. Simba's, like, eight, and he goes to his dad's corpse and tries to wake him up. He doesn't realize what's happened. And that's really really sad. And then he cradles himself under his dad's arm. It's insane that the movie's PG.






A man in a suit with a gun in his right hand is flanked by five other individuals in the middle of a street which, behind them, is folded upwards. Leonardo DiCaprio's name and those of other cast members are shown above the words "Your Mind Is the Scene of the Crime". The title of the film "INCEPTION", film credits, and theatrical and IMAX release dates are shown at the bottom.Inception
Okay, so Inception isn't a sad movie. It's not sad in any way. But it totally is. First off, Cillian Murphy is my favorite Christopher Nolan actor. Second off, the score in this scene is incredible. It's fast and riveting. And yet sad.
Early in the film, you Robert Fischer (Murphy) made a pinwheel for his father. He thought his father never cared about him or his pinwheel. And then it shows him opening the safe and finding... documents. Last Will and Testaments. But then the camera angles down on the pinwheel. And the pinwheel really kills me, man. And then Fischer holds his Dream Dad's hand as he dies.
The Sixth Sense poster.png

the Sixth Sense
Okay, another not sad movie. The Sixth Sense is basically a horror movie (Is it horror if it's PG-13? It's a thriller). It's super tense, but at the end, there's this kid who sees dead people and delivers messages for them, and he delivers one for his mom, that his deceased Grandmother told him to tell the mom that at her funeral, the question she asked, the answer was "Everyday." And then the question is revealed to be, "Do I make you proud?"
That really got me.




Hotel Rwanda
Hotel Rwanda movie.jpgHotel Rwanda is just an all around depressing movie because this stuff happened. There are several scenes that could make you cry, if not just make you really, really sad. One is a scene where, as Paul Rusesabagina (Don Cheadle)'s driving over a foggy road, the fog lifts to reveal hundreds of dead bodies on the roads. Or another scene, where he told his family to jump off the roof if the Tutsis came, and the Tutsis came, so he frantically looks for their bodies, but ultimately finds them alive.
Perhaps most heart wrenching is when his family and neighbors are gathered up and he must choose which of his family to save. He saves them all, ultimately, but the movies is completely sad.
Side note, sorry I couldn't provide links to all these, the movie's not that well-known.


Coco
Theatrical release poster depicting the characters Coco, Dante the dog, Miguel, Héctor, Ernesto, and Imelda when viewing clockwise from the bottom left around Ernesto's white, Day of the Dead-styled guitar. The guitar has a calavera-styled headstock with a small black silhouette of Miguel, who is carrying a guitar, and Dante (a dog) at the bottom. The neck of the guitar splits the background with their village during the day on the left and at night with fireworks on the right. The film's logo is visible below the poster with the "Thanksgiving" release date.Coco was a movie I completely avoided the plot of until it was on Netflix. But I knew one solid fact; that Ernesto de la Cruz was Miguel's great-great grandfather. So I watched this entire movie knowing that. And then, boom, it's Héctor. But that is not what made me cry.
When I got to the end, and Hector was basically dead, I thought he might actually die. Pixar has done unexpected yet shocking deaths before (See Inside Out), and then, Miguel sang to his Mama Coco, and that really killed me. Because it was so sweet. She just wants to see her papa again, and he was taken away...
Prince of egypt ver2.jpg

the Prince of Egypt

I cried during Prince of Egypt. Simple as that. It was just sad.

Interstellar

Interstellar film poster.jpgI cried three times during Interstellar. Once when Cooper comes back from the water planet and he sees the messages his family left for him. He got a grandson. And the he lost that grandson. In a minute. He saw his daughter as a grown woman and realized he failed her.

The next time was when he was in the Tesseract thing, and he was able to see when he left his daughter to go to space. As he watches though, he starts screaming at them to make him stay, to no avail, and he has to watch himself leave.
The last time was when he is rescued from the Tesseract thing and he meets his daughter, who is now old and close to death. Nearly every time she opens her mouth here, a new wave of tears happens. "Because my dad promised me" and "No parent should have to watch their child die" are what brought me to sobbing.

Finding Nemo.jpg
Finding Nemo

I cried during Finding Nemo. The opening scene where Marlin is talking to his wife and then barracuda appears... it's terrifying, man. Then his wife dies and he finds Nemo. The one pod. It made me so terribly sad.



Up

A house is floating in the air, lifted by balloons. A dog, a boy and an old man hang beneath on a garden hose. "UP!" is written in the top right corner.Dude, I don't even need to describe this scene because it's the one you knew I would bring up. Yeah. That one. Up is a subpar movie, and not my favorite, but that opening sequence is just brilliant.

Comments