What I learned in Middle School

Alright! The schoolyear is done and over with for me (It's what I get for starting school on August 12th), and now I'm done with eighth grade and Middle School. This is what I've learned:


  • Using deodorant is the same as taking a shower
  • Take a book with you. Everywhere.
  • Take a good book with you. Everywhere.
  • Reading is fine in a boring teacher's classroom, as long as you do it stealthily.
  • Improve your vocabulistics.
  • Make friends who know what Star Wars is. And the Beatles.
  • Stand out. Be funny and witty.
  • Have a friend taller than you, so you can hide behind him when you play dodge ball.
  • Be smart.
  • Don't be afraid of speaking in front of a large group of people. 

In fact, on the last day of the school, we had a "Talent Show," and I was feeling risky that day, and I went up to the stage, and about five minutes later I was in. This is how it went: 

"Hello. My name is Michael [Censored], and today I will be doing a stand up comedy routine."
I had a joke here about how it was a stand up comedy routine because I was standing up. I forgot about this joke.
"Orginally, this was a two person act. But my buddy Colton back out, and he's sitting over there right now." 
We started chanting Colton's name, and he did come up, to my surprise. Of course, this was a one person act. I just wanted to see if Colton would come up.

Basically what happened was, I went up there and forgot to do my Mickey Mouse impression, and forgot my jokes.
This sometimes happens.

But it's okay. 

Comments